Dive Into Summer Fun! Here’s How to Find the Best Pool Spill Edge
It’s the perfect time of year to take a plunge into the pool and enjoy the summer sun. But before you jump in, you want to make sure your pool is safe and secure with a sturdy pool spill edge. Pool edges provide an added layer of protection for swimmers, helping to prevent slips and falls. But with so many options on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
We’ve got you covered! In this article, we’ll share all the tips and tricks you need to know to find the best pool spill edge. Read on to learn more.
What is a Pool Spill Edge?
A pool spill edge is a type of pool coping, or edging, that is designed to help protect swimmers from potential injury due to slipping or falling. It is also designed to keep water from splashing out of the pool. Pool spill edges are typically made of a durable and weather-resistant material, such as concrete, brick, or stone.
What Are the Different Types of Pool Spill Edge?
There are a variety of pool spill edges on the market. The most common types include:
- Bullnose– A bullnose pool spill edge has a curved top and provides a smooth transition from the pool deck to the pool. It is a great choice for pools with a sloped entry.
- Straight Edge– A straight edge pool spill edge is a flat top edge that provides a clean and contemporary look. It is a great choice for modern pools.
- Cantilever– A cantilever pool spill edge is designed to overlap the pool edge and provide a seamless transition between the pool and the decking. It is a great choice for pools with a raised deck.
- Dovetail– A dovetail pool spill edge is designed with a stepped profile that provides a unique look and feel. It is a great choice for pools with a unique shape or design.
- Slip-Resistant– Slip-resistant pool spill edges are designed with a textured surface to help prevent slips and falls. It is a great choice for pools with a lot of foot traffic.
What Are the Benefits of a Pool Spill Edge?
Pool spill edges provide many benefits including increased safety and protection, improved aesthetics, and easier maintenance.
- Safety and Protection– Pool spill edges provide an extra layer of protection for swimmers, helping to prevent slips and falls. It also helps to keep water from splashing out of the pool, which can be a hazard for small children.
- Aesthetics– Pool spill edges can also help to enhance the look of your pool. With a variety of styles and materials to choose from, you can create a unique and customized look for your pool.
- Maintenance– Pool spill edges are easy to maintain and clean. They are also resistant to fading and weathering, so you won’t have to worry about them deteriorating over time.
How to Choose the Best Pool Spill Edge
When choosing a pool spill edge, there are a few things to consider. Here are some tips to help you make the best decision:
- Material– The material you choose will depend on your needs and budget. For example, concrete and brick are more durable and weather-resistant, while stone may be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Style– There are a variety of styles to choose from, such as bullnose, straight edge, cantilever, dovetail, and slip-resistant. Consider which style best fits your pool and your personal style.
- Size– Make sure to measure the length and width of your pool to ensure you get the right size pool spill edge.
- Price– Pool spill edges can range in price from $100 to $500 or more. Determine your budget and shop around for the best deal.
- Installation– Pool spill edges can be installed by a professional or DIY-ed. If you decide to do it yourself, make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials before you start.
Where to Buy Pool Spill Edges
Pool spill edges can be purchased from a variety of retailers, both online and in-store. Some of the most popular online retailers include Amazon, PoolSupplyWorld, and PoolDeals.com. You can also find them in most home improvement stores and swimming pool stores.
Pool spill edges are a great way to add an extra layer of protection and safety to your pool. With the right materials and style, you can find the perfect pool spill edge to suit your needs and budget. For more information on pool safety, be sure to check out Millinews.com.